September 3, 2013Marketing Tips
[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
There is a common myth that “if you build it they will come” and that myth applies to websites as well. Most business owners put up their website and sit back and hope sales roll in and after a month or so wonder why my website is not making any sales?
Is your website today getting any kind of visitor traffic? Do you even have a way to measure this? Make sure you have a way to measure traffic like Google Analytics and look and see how many unique visitors your have. If you have none or it is incredibly low you have to work on your marketing which will drive traffic to your website.
Marketing is a whole bunch of things but ultimately it is about getting a visitor to do a suggested action. This can be visiting your website or checking out a specific product. Here is a list of just a few things in Marketing you can do to improve your website traffic. If your site already has high traffic you are doing this part well.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) This helps with your discoverability when a visitor types in keywords into search engines like Google.
- Directory Listings A lot of visitors use directory type sites to find businesses, make sure you are listed in ones relevant for your industry.
- Social Media Connecting with visitors socially on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest provide you a cheap and easy way to gain followers that you can then market your brand.
- Networking Old fashioned get out there and make some handshakes still works, find some businesses who are already in front of the customers you want to market your brand to and find a good way to have them send referrals your way.
- Email Marketing Don’t forget about any existing visitors or customers of your business, build an email list and keep them up to date on your latest products or news to generate new and returning traffic back to your website.
- Pay Advertising You can always run some ads to help spike your traffic up, consider using Google Adwords or Facebook Ads, make sure your ad targets your ideal customer with a clear call to action.
So your website has traffic but still is not making the sale? The issue then is on the conversion of turning that traffic into a sale. Here are a few things you can do to try and change that around.
- Is your website easy to navigate from a visitors perspective? Count how many clicks it takes to get at your product or service is it 3 or less? Consider using CrazyEgg.com to see how customers are clicking on your website.
- Is it clear on how to buy your product or service? Are they supposed to buy it online or give you a call or email? Make sure it is clearly typed out what you want your customers to do. (Call to action)
- How is your pricing vs your competition? Take a look at a competitor’s website and see how you look on pricing by comparison. Do you offer something they don’t and that is why your price is higher? Make sure that is clearly stated on how you different or better.
- Does your site look trustworthy? Consider adding SSL secure badges, customer testimonials and more to help overcome any trust issues that may prevent a sale.
Try at least one thing today and see how you do, make sure there is a way to measure what you are doing for success. Need help on anything just shoot us an email we are happy to help.