If you are a small business owner working online you may have come across the latest buzz words “inbound marketing” or “content marketing” and wondered what exactly that is.
Inbound marketing is considered the “new way” to market correctly to your potential customers, by making marketing they will love.
Gone are the days of spamming or cold calling a customer who will only brush off the encounter. This method only irritates the customer and does not leave a good lasting impression.
Instead you need to be focusing on creating great quality content and valuable information that will instead pull the potential customers to you.
You then distribute this great content on your:
- Social Media
- YouTube Channel
- and more!
Posting great valuable information will only help earn potential customers trust, make you an authority on the area of interest and generate traffic and shares.
Now you might already be sharing great information online and saying to yourself, but I am not getting any leads by doing this. In that case you missed the most important step.
Every piece of content you generate should have a call to action on it.
- Some PDF or E-Book content should be downloadable in exchange for an email address.
- Blog posts or Video content should direct them to a landing page with more information.
- Other content could link back to your website to a contact or schedule form of some kind.
Once you have managed to capture that lead information, you should make sure you have a system in place to follow up with that lead automatically and nurture them with more great content and valuable information.
The goal is:
- Generate visitor traffic with your great high quality content and valuable information.
- Capture the lead through your capture boxes, landing pages or forms.
- Nurture with more great information on the topic of interest.
- Include call to actions on your Nurturing.
- Convert the lead into a sale.
- Follow up about new products, tips, and more valuable information for future business.
Don’t forget you can use the same process on your existing customers to generate sales!